In Costa Rica we have more than 1200 orchids, 20% of which are endemic. All of these orchids of different sizes, colors and essences.
8 Days & 7 Nights
Day 1: Transfer from the airport to San José
Welcome and transfer from Juan Santamaria International Airport to the Bouganvillea Hotel.
Day 2: San José
Breakfast at the hotel, after a delicious breakfast we head to the province of Cartago to visit the Irazu Volcano National Park.
The Irazú Volcano is the highest active volcano in the country, measuring 3432 meters above sea level. On the way to the volcano it is common to observe the agricultural and livestock activity of the area, forming spectacular landscapes.
After the visit to the Irazú Volcano, we go to the valley of Cachi where we will have lunch at the restaurant La Casona del Cafetal.
After lunch we will move on to the Lankester Botanical Garden. This was donated to the University of Costa Rica, in 1973 it was established as a center for the exhibition, conservation and research of tropical epiphytic plants, with emphasis on orchids. Among all its seasons, the garden is home to more than 3000 species of plants.
Day 3: San Jose - Arenal
Breakfast at the hotel, after breakfast we check out at the hotel and go to La Catalina Botanical Garden.
La Catalina is a property that was first used for the cultivation of coffee, but its owners have been transforming it into a beautiful garden, specializing in orchids.
Today the garden has more than 450 species of orchids. After a tour of the trails and an explanation of the history of orchids, their cultivation and care, we will enjoy a delicious traditional lunch.
After lunch we head to the area of La Fortuna de San Carlos where the Arenal Volcano is located. Accommodation at the Arenal Springs Hotel.
Day 4: Arenal
Before Breakfast, we will have for those who like free Yoga classes at the hotel, then we will have breakfast at the hotel,
At 10:00 am, departure to the Eco Centro Danaus Tour,
Lunch at Finca Educativa don Juan, with a tour of the farm.
Day 5: Arenal - Monteverde
Breakfast at the hotel, at the agreed time we will start our transfer to the Monteverde area, Transfer jeep boat jeep,
Visit Monteverde Orchid Garden,
Lunch at Aymis restaurant,
Accommodation at the Fonda Vela Hotel
Optional: Night Tour
Day 6: Monteverde
Breakfast at the hotel,
Visit Monteverde Reserve
Visit San Bosco Orchid Garden
Dinner at Tramonti restaurant
Day 7: Monteverde - San José
Breakfast at the hotel,
On the way to San Jose we will stop at Cuenca Restaurant where they have an Orchid exhibition,
Visit to La Garita Orchid Garden,
Accommodation in the B.W. Irazu
Day 8: San José - Aeropuerto Internacional
Breakfast at the hotel, at the time indicated departure to the Juan Santamaría International Airport.
Say bye!! Good luck
Price Rate Starts at $1,753 USD p.p.
- Net rates per person in USD $. Based on double occupancy. Minimum 3 pax.
- Rates for triple room and children are based in two adults sharing the room with an additional adult or child. (triple rooms have two double beds) *
- Children under 2 years are free, sharing with your parents
- Rates valid from January 06, 2021 to December 15, 2021. Rates not apply for Holiday season (March 28, 2021 to April 04, 2021 and December 16, 20201 to January 05, 2022)
- Cancellation Policy: We accept cancellations up to 30 days before arrival in Green Season, 60 days in High Season and 90 days in Holiday Season without any penalty;
- No Shows apply 100% penalty.
- Costa Rica Family Trip reserve the right to apply an USD 75 administration fee.
- VIP Assistance at the Airport
- Private transportation to the hotel in San Jose
- Private transportation during the itinerary
- English speaking guide, expert in group management during your entire program
- Meals as mentioned in the itinerary: B: Breakfast, L: Lunch, D: Dinner
- Hotel taxes
Activities included in the program:
- Entrada to Irazu Volcano National Park
- Visit to Botanic Garden Lankester
- Visit to La Catalina Orchid Garden
- Visit to Eco Centro Danaus
- Visit to Finca Don Juan
- Visit to Monteverde Reserve
- Visit to Orchid Garden Monteverde
- Visit to San Bosco Orchid Garden
- Visit to Orchid Garden La Garita
- Airport taxes $29 per person
- Airport portage
- Local and International phone calls
- Meals and beverages that are not specified at the itinerary
- International or local flights
- Extras at the hotels